The Top 100 Wedding Venues in Melbourne
I created this blog to really help Melbourne brides who are planning their wedding. I've been been a professional photographer for 15 years. My work has appeared in Harpers Bazaar UK, the New York Times, Style Me Pretty and brides.com. In 2015 Style Me Pretty interviewed me, in 2016 Complete Wedding Magazine called me "One of the World's Best Wedding Photographers".
The Best 100 Venues for your Wedding in Melbourne
Nicholas Purcell Studio is pleased to bring you the 2017 list of the Top 100 Wedding Venues in Melbourne. Some are outside Melbourne but no more than an hour or so. Some would suit your reception better than your ceremony but it really depends on personal choice.
The list is compiled based on entirely my personal preferences.
There are a range of styles here, restaurants, function venues, penthouses, art galleries, gardens etc. There's something for everyone.
With a good photographer, you'll get great wedding photos at any of these venues.
Here we go....
100. Labassa. Caulfield North.
99. The Convent. Daylesford.
98. Eastern Hill Dining Hall. Fitzroy.
97. Leonda by the Yarra. Hawthorn.
96. Werribee Park. Werribee.
95. Normanby House. Thornbury.
94. Luminaire. South Melbourne.
93. Harbour Room. St Kilda.
92. Chin Chin. CBD.
91. Montalto. Red Hill South.
90. Port Phillip Estate. Red Hill South.
89. Myer Mural Hall. CBD.
88. The Langham. Southbank.
87. Ballara. Eltham.
86. Grand Hyatt. CBD.
85. The Point. Albert Park.
84. Crown. Southbank.
83. Rippon Lea. Ripponlea.
82. Sandringham Yacht Club. Sandringham.
81. Peninsula. Docklands.
80. Tatra. Mount Dandenong.
79. Poet's Lane. Mount Dandenong.
78. The International. Brighton.
77. Flower Drum. CBD.
76. Healesville Country Club. Healesville.
75. Enoteca. Richmond.
74. Lincoln of Toorak. Toorak.
73. Campbell Point House. Ballarine Peninsula.
72. Hotel Windsor. CBD.
71. Encore. St Kilda.
70. Eureka 89. Southbank.
69. Lieux. Richmond.
68. Luna Park. St Kilda.
67. Melbourne Town Hall. CBD.
66. Mon Bijou. CBD.
65. Playroom. Fitzroy.
64. Smart Artz Gallery. South Melbourne.
63. The Mission Rooftop. Prahran.
62. Alto. Melbourne CBD.
61. S6. Port Melbourne.
60. Sirens. Williamstown.
59. Butleigh Wooton. Kew.
58. Transit. CBD.
57. Sails on the Bay. Elwood.
56. Circa. St Kilda.
55. Park Hyatt. CBD.
54. Immigration Museum. CBD.
53. Thousand Pound Bend. CBD.
52. Living Museum. Maribyrnong.
51. Showtime. South Wharf.
50. Westside. West Melbourne.
49. Studio Raw Materials. Footscray.
48. One Seven One Dorcas Street. South Melbourne.
47. Forty Five Downstairs. CBD.
46. Sketch. Docklands.
45. Melbourne Museum. CBD.
44. Alowyn Gardens. Yarra Glen.
43. The Baths. Sorrento.
42. Emu Bottom Homestead. Sunbury.
41. Red Spice Road. CBD.
40. Royal Botanic Gardens. South Yarra.
39. The Willows. South Melbourne.
38. The Long Room. CBD.
37. The Brighton Savoy. Brighton.
36. Yering Station. Yarra Glen.
35. Albumbra. Docklands.
34. Melbourne Aquarium. CBD.
33. Syracuse. CBD.
32. Royce Hotel. South Melbourne.
31. Como House. South Melbourne.
30. State Library of Victoria. CBD.
29. The Lyall. South Yarra.
28. The Deck at the Prince. St Kilda.
27. The Pavillion Fitzroy Gardens. East Melbourne.
26. The Gables. East Malvern.
25. Blue Diamond. CBD.
24. Riva. St Kilda.
23. National Gallery of Victoria. CBD.
22. The Chapter House. CBD.
21. Persimmon (NGV). CBD.
20. Port Melbourne Yacht Club. Port Melbourne.
19. Cutler & Co. Fitzroy.
18. Rockpool. CBD.
17. Quat Quatta. Ripponlea.
16. Carousel. Albert Park.
15. Cumulus Inc. CBD.
14. Pearl (Luxury Yacht). Port Phillip Bay.
13. The Astor. St Kilda.
12. Lake House. Daylesford.
11. Pope Joan. East Brunswick.
Instagram Feed of Nicholas Purcell Studio
"One of the world's best wedding photographers" Complete Wedding Magazine 2016
Based in Australia, shoots in Melbourne.
We're getting there....the top 10 venues to get married in Melbourne in 2014 are....
10. Bright Young Things. Cremorne (Richmond). NB not technically one venue but they represent some very cool venues.
9. A private mansion in Toorak. See unique-wedding-venues.com.au
8. The Substation. New Port.
7. The European. CBD.
6. Gardens House, Royal Botanic Gardens. South Yarra.
5. Vue de Monde. CBD.
4. Two Ton Max. North Melbourne.
3. Stones of the Yarra Valley. Coldstream.
2. Nobu. Southbank.
And this year, drumroll, the number 1 venue to consider for your wedding is....
1. Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA). South Melbourne.
Melbourne offers some really varied, really fantastic wedding venues. Just get in quick because the most popular book out years in advance.